Written by Alli Price
I am a mum in business and I also have a blog on my site. I run my own mum in business events and have been to brunches and conferences for bloggers.
Do you know what I have seen?
A whole bunch of mums, or at the very least, women who:
- are struggling to discern themselves against a whole lot of competition
- would be thankful of support
- are starting out with little or no money
- would like to make some money
- need exposure for who they are and what they do.
This is on both sides of the fence, it’s like a mirror.
When I am at either type of event there is always one question that constantly confounds me – why don’t mums in business and bloggers work together? It actually amazes me there aren’t blogger/biz mum partnerships all over the joint.
- mums in business just starting out find it hard to access traditional media – why not bloggers who are way more approachable and easy to contact? Who’s reach isn’t as wide as a national magazine but who’s requirements aren’t as strict as a national magazine?
- bloggers need to attract readers to their blog and a great giveaway works. When starting out, it’s tough attracting the attention of national brands but there are plenty of bizmums with amazing products and services just dying for exposure.
The best part about it all? As you’ll both have the same target market you can utilise your social media streams to shout out about one another and really send great new prospects each other’s way.
Plus, you can grow together, support one another and build relationships that are much more meaningful than you ever will with a brand or a magazine.
What’s not to like?
So, I’ve decided to try and help everyone develop these relationships by popping a Review and Giveaway Directory
on my blog to achieve exactly this. You can register as a blogger or a mum in biz, let everyone know what you do and who you’d like to work with and others can search to find you.
Hopefully, this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship.
Cheers, Alli x